2023 Hot Wheels L Case Report

The 2023 Hot Wheels L Case is here and we break it down for you.  We’ll start with the New Models and New to Mainlines for this case.  Being from the Fast & Furious franchise, the Tooned version of Brian O’Conner’s ’94 Toyota Supra from the original movie may be the most popular release of this mix.  The Trouble Decker is a Fraser Campbell design and is a hot-rodded version of a London Double Decker bus.  The ’65 Mercury Comet Cyclone is not entirely a New Model but it is appearing in the Mainlines for the first time and it’s also used as the Super Treasure Hunt for this mix.  Volkswagen fans are going to be excited to get their hands on the Volkswagen ID. Buzz.  Another collector favorite is the Alfa Romeo GTV6 3.0 from the Retro Racers series which is also debuting the 4SP wheel variation.  

Rounding out the rest of the case are some vehicles making their first 2023 Mainline appearance and others showing up again as recolors.  The Madfast is the regular Treasure Hunt for this case.  Other highlights include the ’07 Ford Mustang featuring a Falken livery, the Toyota Land Cruiser 80, an orange recolor of the ’73 Honda Civic Custom, and a blue recolor of the DMC Delorean.  The white version of the 1989 Batman Batmobile from the recent The Flash movie is another favorite and one of the best-looking Batmobiles, in my opinion.  

From an investment perspective, that Supra is one to hang on to.  Right now it’s been going for $20 or more on Ebay.  That will surely drop as they become more plentiful on the pegs, but don’t expect them to stay on the pegs for long.  As they dry up on the pegs, expect to see their secondary value start to rise again.  The Mercury Comet Cyclone Super Treasure Hunt will be another one that will command a premium on the secondary market.  It has recently been trading for $100-$150 on the secondary market.  I expect this one, too, will drop some as it becomes more plentiful but it will be popular with both gasser and muscle car collectors.

Check out the YouTube review I just did of the 2023 Hot Wheels L Case.

Leave a comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.