Accidental 2014 collector looking for advice

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

hotwheeler
New Model
New Model

Accidental 2014 collector looking for advice

Postby hotwheeler » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:02 am

Hey guys,
At the start of the year my now 2yr old first noticed hot wheels. We started with a few but it quickly became something for dad to do on long shopping trips with mum.

We were going to build a display and keep them for a while and then as he got older slowly give them away to him and other visiting kids but it now looks like we will be moving early in the new year and I'm considering selling them off.

There are around 200 still sealed of the 2014 collection + a few double ups of mini coppers, and some of the more desirable cars. (No Super Secret Treasure Hunts but all the standard ones up until the Fiesta).

Basically i'm tossing up between selling them off now, or getting the last 50 as they come out and selling it as a full unopened set.
What do you guys think? I am struggling to find any listings of 2013 full sets to get an idea so I thought a forum would be a good place to ask advice. I realise i'm not going to make a mint, but getting my money back or close would be fantastic for the move.

Thanks for any help :D

sfamiler
Site Admin

Re: Accidental 2014 collector looking for advice

Postby sfamiler » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:26 pm

Selling them all together may be difficult, unless you are willing to get less than you paid for them. There are a lot of common vehicles that people aren't willing to buy unless they are really discounted. There are a few that are hot right now, and may sell for more than you paid for them, but it will be hard to sell the whole lot of them right now without taking less than you paid.

If you did complete the entire set, you may find a buyer for it, but it would be a gamble.

Trenton

hotwheeler
New Model
New Model

Re: Accidental 2014 collector looking for advice

Postby hotwheeler » Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:19 am

Thanks Trenton.
I appreciate the advice. I guess a lot will become gifts. I'll keep my eye out for the rest of the treasure hunts though and maybe sell them as a set.

Cheers again :)

Return to “Hot Wheels”