KMart event for September 13 2014

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

KMart event for September 13 2014

Postby PVDizbon » Thu Sep 11, 2014 12:58 pm

Post your finds here !! Good luck everyone, I hope you find what you want !
(o\_!_/o) Just 732,687 to go !
Quaero, capto, VDd... I searched, I grabbed, I VeeDubbed !

mars
Site Admin

Re: KMart event for September 13 2014

Postby mars » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:53 am

It was a good K-Days.

Before the event started, there were a couple of collectors using their I-Phones to text to other collectors about their cases. They were whispering to each other to get the "QF" cases, supposedly they had Supers in them. I was the fourth or fifth one called and I picked a "QE" case, everyone else picked a "QF" case. We were given our five minutes and I found the Super Datsun and the other five found only the "Cloak And Daggers." Kim overheard the other collectors saying to look in the "QE" cases for Supers and she laughed to herself.

The next round began and Kim's ticket was called up to a case. She grabbed a "QE" case (her case would have been right next to the case I had) and so did the other five people. Kim only found a Regular Treasure Hunt and so did the five other people. There was confusion and possibly frustration that no Supers were found.

The third round began and Ben's ticket was called. He chose a "QE" case (his case would have been right across from Kim's case). This time the five other people picked random cases. Ben found a Regular and only one of the five people found a Super.

The fourth round began and Claire's ticket was called. She grabbed the case across from where my case was located. Again, the other five people grabbed random cases. She found the Super Datsun and another person found one, too. She was the talk of the event. Apparently, when she found the Datsun she had a poker-face and then found her other cars. When she got to us she proudly announced that she found her ever Super Treasure Hunt. Needless to say, she was quite proud of herself and so were we.

The fifth, and final, round began and only one person found a Super Datsun. The people whose tickets were not called got to choose a bin that had the remnants from the other cases. There was about eight bins filled to the top. Inside the bins were two more Super Datsuns in them.

There was a little boy next to me who was sad because he did not get his ticket called for a case. He was about three or four years old and quite bashful. I leaned over and asked him if he was sad and he shook his head "yes," I grabbed my "Cloak And Dagger" Regular Hunt and I gave it to him. His dad looked surprised and I told him that his son needed it more than I did. The smile on his son's face certainly made my day.
I collect Baja Bugs, VW Bugs, VW Bug Convertibles, VW Drag Buses,
VW Drag Trucks, VW Karmann Ghias, and VW T1 Drag Buses.

samace22
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Postby samace22 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:30 am

I had A Fun Day At My K-Day Event Yesterday Also. There We're 11 People and 12 Cases. My Number Got Called So I Got A Case. I Went and Open Up My Case and the First Thing I Saw in My Case that Made My Day was The Super Treasure Hunt 1971 Datsun Bluebird 510 Station Wagon. So That Made My Day Right There. Also One of My Collector Friends Also Got A Super Treasure Hunt 1971 Datsun Bluebird 510 Station Wagon. And They We're the Only 2. Every Case had A Cloak and Dagger Regular Treasure Hunt. And I Got A Whole Bunch of New Hotwheels. And I Got My 20 Mainline Hotwheels for the Mail-IN Custom 1956 Ford F-100 Pickup Truck Thumbs Up. :D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:30 am

Glad you all had a nice event, congrats on the finds !

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:58 pm

My Kday was nice!
All of the local "collectors" were there.
We had 12 cases total and 14 tickets were given out.
Both my wife and I got a case and I found a regular Thunt but there weren't any Supers in any of the cases.
I picked up several cars that I liked but didn't get everything I wanted, because we had 8 cases of QL and 4 cases of QF and several cars from the batch weren't in these mixes. I was hoping to get the `67 Chevelle but it only showed up in the QF cases and both my wife and my cases were QL. Of course nobody left any behind for me to get in the free for all. I will probably find it at Walmart one of these days!
I always like to stay after the event and go thru the leftovers, to look for errors and varies, but I haven't been able to find any at the last several Kdays. They must be doing a better job on quality lately.
It always is a fun event for me, and I still enjoy them even when things don't go my way!

Rod :wink:

mars
Site Admin

Postby mars » Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:22 am

Rod, I have an extra '67 Chevelle SS 396 and I also found a K-Day error for you, too.

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Tue Sep 16, 2014 5:41 pm

Photo of the error please ?? Am just curious :D

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks Mark!
I'm not going to be able to lift that box when I get it. LOL!!

Rod :wink:

mars
Site Admin

Postby mars » Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:58 am

I have problems lifting it.
Thank goodness I have a mini van to transport the box.

sfamiler
Site Admin

Postby sfamiler » Wed Oct 01, 2014 9:43 pm

Nice going on sharing with the kid, Mars.

I don't even know where a close K-mart would be so I still haven't been to a K-Day.

I used to work at one in 2001 but we didn't have Hot Wheels days back then.

I think that location has since closed down.

Return to “Hot Wheels”