Knock, Knock

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Knock, Knock

Postby 1hotrod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:24 pm

Hi!............. I just thought that I would stop by to see if anybody was home.
It seems pretty quiet around here and I thought maybe somebody would have something to talk about.
Mark, Pete, Craig, Sam, Trenton..........anybody got "anything" to talk about?
I haven't seen anybody stop by to talk in this whole month.

I've been busy here working on my Jammer cases.
I'm going thru my database and double checking each car with what I have in the cases.
While I'm doing that, I'm putting a shelf label in the case for each different type of casting.
I already had the cases organized by the different car companies. (Ford, Chevy, Ferrari, etc.)
The problem was that I couldn't tell the name of the different castings in the cases.
The Mustangs were the worst. There must be 10 of the new Mustang castings that all look similar.
So I'm making up labels to put on the shelf under the 1st car of each casting type to tell me what that casting is.
I'm using 4x6 blank index cards that I bought at Walmart for less than a dollar.
I cut them in half both ways to make 2x3 cards that I put a label with the car name on the edge along the long side.
I then fold the card right above the label so it hangs down from the shelf.
Then I just slide the card under the car on the shelf in the case and the name is hanging down in front.
I'm using a Dymo labeler, so it looks fairly professional when I'm done.
It's been taking me awhile to get this done but I only have a few left to finish.
Maybe some of you remember the pic that Mars showed of my cases when we were moving them out of my Ohio house before I moved to Florida. He showed some of the cases in his van.

Anybody else working on any projects that you could tell us about?
I'm interested to hear what you got going.
Let us know!

Rod :wink:

samace22
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Re: Knock, Knock

Postby samace22 » Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:30 pm

Hi Rod I'M Been Doing Fine. I just haven't been posting on here. Because nobody else hasn't been posting on here. More People are Posting more on the other Diecast Websites more than they are on here. So I Have been posting more on them Diecast Websites than I have on here. I finally went through All My Hotwheels and I Got rid of A lot of Hotwheels that I didn't want anymore and I just Gave Away to Kids. So Now I'M only Collecting Hotwheels Castings and Hotwheels Series that I Really Truly Like and I Love. Over the past Few Weeks I have Found Lots of Newer and Older Hotwheels that I been Hunting for to add to My Hotwheels Collection. Between the Stores, the Flea Market, and A Toy Show that I Went to Last Sunday in Rochester New York. So I've been Busy doing this Stuff. So these Are All the reasons why I haven't been Posting on here. I Will Start Posting My Hotwheels Finds on here again as Long as You Guys Comment to Me about what I Found and that You Guys Start Posting Your Finds on here again and Start Posting More Hotwheels Topics. Than I Will be Posting and Commenting A Lot More on here Than. Because I Really Truly miss All You Guys. I.ve been wondering what has been going on with You Guys why You Guys haven't been posting on here that Much. So I Would Like to Know what has Been Going on with You Guys Also Please Let Me Know and Thank You My Friends.

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Wed Mar 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Hi guys ! I've been on now and then to update some of the news sections and my trade/want list.
My health hasn't been great since moving to Washington; I've had thyroid problems and it's an autoimmune disease so my health won't be getting better.
I rarely have money to take the bus to go hunting for cars so if I find anything worth some cash I sell locally or on Facebook and then use that money for the bus when we go food shopping. The bulk of my cars are still in Pennsylvania waiting to be shipped when some funds are available to ship a box. Also, this area only has a few stores that sell cars. :?
(o\_!_/o) Just 732,687 to go !
Quaero, capto, VDd... I searched, I grabbed, I VeeDubbed !

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:29 pm

Thanks for the replies, guys!
I'm glad that there are still a few of us that still check this board.

Sam, I have seen some of your posts on HWC and was wondering why you weren't posting here anymore.
Now I know. I'm glad you have decided what cars you like for your collection. I'm sure the kids that you gave the cars to were happy to get them. It sounds like you are busy finding new ones that you like. It's good that you can get out and check all the stores and flea market. I'm sure you have a lot of fun hunting for cars for your collection.

Pete, I'm sorry to hear about your health problems!!
I wish there was something that could be done to help you.
It is my hope that the Hot Wheels collecting makes you forget about your troubles a little bit.
I hope that your financial situation improves as well so you can enjoy our hobby that much more.

Last edited by 1hotrod on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

samace22
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Postby samace22 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 7:20 am

I'M So Sorry about Your Health Problems Pete and I'M So Sorry about Your Money Problems Pete. I Hope and Pray You Get and Feel Better Pretty Soon. And I Hope and Pray Your Money Situation Gets Straighten out Pretty Soon so that way You Can Go Do More Hotwheels Hunting. And I Hope and Pray You Can Get Your Hotwheels Collection Shipped Down to You Pretty Soon Pete.

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 2:57 pm

Thanks gents !

WfoDnf

Postby WfoDnf » Sat Mar 28, 2015 6:52 pm

Howdy Guys! :mrgreen:

While out & about today I ran into Mark & the family at Walmart, I had not seen him since about July of 2014. We stood & talked for close to 2 hours about this & that, you could say like a couple of old ladies gossiping! :P :lol: Mark & I were talking about the good ole days of the 3 of us getting together at Joe's for the Thursday night car shows Rod & how we miss that. :wink:
Been working a lot of overtime still during the week which doesn't allow me to go looking in the stores then, I generally only go out on the weekend because of that. My reason for not stopping in here for quite a while was lack of activity here on the boards like Sam had mentioned plus I've somewhat lost some interest in the hobby lately only picking things up on occasion when I find something I like. There are some diecast groups on Facebook that I keep up on things as they're fairly active most of the time so I find myself spending more time on there.
I'm a big hockey fan as some of you may know & I've gotten into collecting game worn jerseys in the last few years, mostly Columbus (Ohio) related pro teams & their affiliates, some Ohio State gamers, & some minor league jerseys that I thought were cool looking.
I'll try & stop in more often just to see what's going on with everyone & see what you might be finding! 8)

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:33 pm

<< Also on Facebook

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Hey........Dave, is that you?
Haven't heard from you in awhile!
It's good to see that you're still around.
Thanks for stopping in to say hi.
I sure miss your pics of the real cars that you did, and
you always posted your latest finds pics.

Still working a lot huh? It's kind of a bummer but I'll bet it's good on payday.
Did you ever get your car fixed or did you just buy a new Challenger to drive to work? LOL!

The game jerseys sound cool but how do you display those
or do you just hang them in the closet?

I'm glad you and Mark got together to catch up. I wish I could have been there.
It reminds me of the time you and I got sunburned standing outside TRU talking.
I miss the good ole days as well, when we could all get together at Joes and
talk about cars, food, and Hot Wheels.

It's sure is good to hear from you again!!
Stop in more often.

WfoDnf

Postby WfoDnf » Sun Mar 29, 2015 9:16 am

1hotrod wrote:Hey........Dave, is that you?
Haven't heard from you in awhile!
It's good to see that you're still around.
Thanks for stopping in to say hi.
I sure miss your pics of the real cars that you did, and
you always posted your latest finds pics.

Still working a lot huh? It's kind of a bummer but I'll bet it's good on payday.
Did you ever get your car fixed or did you just buy a new Challenger to drive to work? LOL!

The game jerseys sound cool but how do you display those
or do you just hang them in the closet?

I'm glad you and Mark got together to catch up. I wish I could have been there.
It reminds me of the time you and I got sunburned standing outside TRU talking.
I miss the good ole days as well, when we could all get together at Joes and

talk about cars, food, and Hot Wheels.

It's sure is good to hear from you again!!
Stop in more often.

:x Unfortunately still working ridiculous amounts of overtime Rod (10-12 hour days) which I neither want or need, going to work each day not knowing what time your getting off sucks. I work to live not live to work! :wink:

My jerseys are hanging in a closet & not displayed. I don't like wearing coats in the winter so instead I wear a t-shirt underneath one of my jerseys instead of a coat when I'm out running around. And of course when my Son & I go to a Jackets game I'll wear one of my jerseys then as well. Here's a pic of my jersey closet & what I've got so far, quite a few Ohio State jerseys & I know you'd llike! :P :lol:

Still having car issues with my car & I've seriously considered leasing a car as an option but I'm primarily taking care of everything as far as our house goes (Mortgage, bills, etc.) & swinging a car payment as well would be tough.

I do on occasion find stuff & if it's anything worth posting I'll try & stop in & post what I find Rod! :)

mars
Site Admin

Postby mars » Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:40 pm

I have working quite hard on my 2015 video and I am starting a new video for Ben's teacher.
I have been on Youtube for 8-10 hours a day looking for videos to include and studying some
of the best video editors and developing my own style in the process. I recently purchased
an ASUS computer with an I7 Intel processor and a powerful video card. I also purchased
a 50" Vizio 4K LED TV and Cyberlink Power Director 13 video editing software. Very powerful!
So my TV is my computer's monitor. The kids love the clarity when watching DVDs and sports.
Dave, you want to come over during the OSU football season?

I have been away from Facebook for a little while, Kim uses my account for her games, and I
have stopped going to HWC. I thought about discontinuing collecting Hot Wheels because of
hoarders and scalpers (it is getting ridiculous here in Columbus). I called Rod and complained
about our hobby and he advised that I continue collecting. I have to admit, he was right. I stopped
buying anything on HWC and I did not attend the Dayton Show and the Nationals Convention.
Collecting HWs pretty much came to a stop. I have recently found some "stuff" and I will post
them soon.
I collect Baja Bugs, VW Bugs, VW Bug Convertibles, VW Drag Buses,
VW Drag Trucks, VW Karmann Ghias, and VW T1 Drag Buses.

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Sun Mar 29, 2015 10:57 pm

Dave, those look like some nice Jerseys there.
I see a couple of maize and blue ones in there.
You need a few more of those and less of those "weird" red and gray ones. LOL!
Sorry to hear that you still are having car issues.
I hope you can figure something out soon.

Mark, I think we all go thru feeling like we want to quit every once in awhile.
I've been collecting since I was a kid and seriously collecting since I got out of the service in the late 70's.
I've been pretty peeved at other collectors a million times.
I've since adopted the attitude that if I find something that I'm looking for,
then it's great, but if I don't find it, I guess it wasn't meant to be.
That doesn't stop me from complaining about scalpers though, I just try not to sweat it so much!
Good luck on your videos and congrats on all of the new equipment.

sfamiler
Site Admin

Postby sfamiler » Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:39 am

I'm still here. Spring get's pretty busy for me with Track season and I'm also coaching our school's computer science team. I'm still working on updates for the price guide and improvements to the website.

I'm also working on preparing to start a regular video segment to put on Youtube. That requires me to prepare a space for filming and get something better than my cell phone for filming with. Any suggestions from you video experts on a great device for doing HD video?

Glad to still have you guys around. Keep those discussions going.

Trenton

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Wed Apr 01, 2015 2:37 pm

Thanks for the reply, Trenton!
Sounds like you're pretty busy.
I wish I could help you on video help, but I'm somewhat technology challenged.
I'm not into the new electronic stuff enough to keep up with everything.
I guess maybe I'm a little set in my old ways to learn all of the new gizmos.
(That means old, stubborn, overwhelmed, and a bit lazy.) LOL!
I don't see a need for most of it, although it is amazing.

Pontiecast
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Postby Pontiecast » Mon Apr 20, 2015 12:15 pm

Hello there to all. Ever since I moved back to PA my collecting has dropped significantly. Like Dave, I work 10-12 hours a day anywhere from 3-4 PM to 2-4 AM. When I lived in Vegas, there was always some kind of diecast collector meet up almost every month. There were at least 15(probably more) wal marts and several kmarts and targets so there was a pretty decent chance of finding something. Not here in PA where I live. In the past 2 years, I found maybe one error and a couple things I like. Haven't ran into any collectors nor have I found any clubs or meet ups. Been discouraging. Especially when I do look and and see everything has already been picked over. If there are collectors, they get there before anyone else. Like said above....tired of the scalpers and drama on HWC too.

On the bright side, I still buy from eBay and sometimes the toy peddler. My focus has gone to mostly custom '64 and '67 GTOs and Hot Birds. Picked up a few cool ones this past year. I also FINALLY finished my connect cars set. Been searching for that darn Missouri Chevy truck for about 3-4 years now. Cheapest I ever found was $70 so when one recently popped up for $40, I had to jump on it. Kicking myself for spending that much but once it arrives this week and I see the collection is finished I think I'll be fine!

It is good to see posts here and there. Miss talking to you guys even if it is just read talking!

1hotrod
Classic
Classic

Postby 1hotrod » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:18 am

Hey Pontiecast, glad to see you back again!
Thanks for posting!!

It sounds like you're pretty busy.
It's too bad about the store situation in your area.
I know it's tough trying to cope with the scalpers/resellers!
I'm glad you finally finished your Connect set.
That's a tough one to complete.

It's good to hear from you again!
Don't be a stranger and post again soon!!

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Postby PVDizbon » Wed Apr 22, 2015 11:12 pm

Hey Brad, congrats on finishing the Connect set !!

samace22
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Postby samace22 » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:17 am

Congrats on Completing the Connect Cars Set Brad Congrats Again Thumbs Up. :D :) :o :shock: 8) :lol: :P :twisted: :wink: :mrgreen:

Return to “Hot Wheels”