alledged White Lightning

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

dangHWS
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

alledged White Lightning

Postby dangHWS » Sat Nov 10, 2007 10:06 pm

I found this at Toys R Us.

Anyone know how to tell if this is a White Lightning?

There were white ones but with dark gray wire-spoke looking wheels there with it. The base is bare metal, the interior has dark colors, and there is nothing saying "white lightning" on the package, just the white plastic wheels on a white GT...
dang

firehawk97
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Postby firehawk97 » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:40 am

Not 100% sure if it is, I seen two cars at TRU yesterday that had white rims and nothing else white on them, checked the other cars, and there where others of the same casting and color which had chrome rims, should have grabbed them... :cry: :cry:

Sorry not much help... you can always check ebay...

Looking for:
dairy delivery vw's gmc motorhome hiway hauler
55 panel truck bone shaker buick gsx
amc javelin ferrari's firebirds
blackwalls redlines
license plates older hub caps

Bonneville
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

Postby Bonneville » Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:45 pm

There is a guy on ebay selling one like it and he claims it is a vhtf white lighting, the other cars have regular silver rims. Hope this helps. :D

RollinFast
Site Admin

Postby RollinFast » Sun Nov 11, 2007 2:04 pm

i always thought a white lighning has to have 2 parts of the car white, anything from paint, interior, rims, and wheels i dont know if anything else is white to make it a white lightning, but thats one sick looking car! congrats on the white lightning!

dangHWS
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy

Postby dangHWS » Sun Nov 11, 2007 10:20 pm

RollinFast wrote:i always thought a white lighning has to have 2 parts of the car white, anything from paint, interior, rims, and wheels i dont know if anything else is white to make it a white lightning, but thats one sick looking car! congrats on the white lightning!

Thanks! I'm still not so sure, there were 2 of those and 2 of the grey mesh wheels at TRU, and then one of these w/ white plastic wheels at Walmart. Some people on ebay claim everything is VHTF... But its all good because I'm collecting JL GTs and its a new one
dang

ViperRT/10
Homer
Homer

Postby ViperRT/10 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 9:43 am

This year Johnny Lightnings are having quite a few variations, compared to previous years. I have seen a whole bunch of JL white cars and others with white rims, but not being white lightnings.What I do to see if its one, I check the picture of the car on the package and see if its different.Look for distinctive features like white tires and the phrase white lightning around the tires.Then I check if there is more than one around because this year there are even making fewer WL than before so its would be hard to find more than one at the same spot.You can even check out the JL site cuz they have pictures of all their standard cars . Hope that helps :D

Return to “Johnny Lightning”