Sometimes you just gotta....

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

Pontiecast
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

Sometimes you just gotta....

Postby Pontiecast » Mon May 02, 2011 9:40 pm

I have been trying VERY HARD to cut back on buying diecast. BUT, there are certain opportunities you just can't pass up. No matter what. While perusing ebay (I really gotta stop that!!) I came across a car I knew existed, but was just a little too rare and expensive. Such was the case of the Black Chrome Chase 1964 Pontiac GTO from Performance Years Enterprises (PYE) made for the 2004 POCI (Pontiac Oakland Club International) Nationals. There were only 126 made (pretty darn rare for any diecast car) and were sold through PYE's website. You actually had to buy 2 cars. The regular release black car, of which only 1,000 were produced, was accompanied by a chrome chase version for the first 126 buyers. Cost was $150.00 for the pair. These GTOs started off as regular 1:18 GTOs from Sun Star. PYE then commissioned Sun Star to install Hurst wheels, extra paint details, special license plates and other small items. Anyway, back to my story. While perusing ebay, I came across one of the chrome chase cars that had a starting bid of $10 with free shipping. Something wasn't right. Well, it wasn't. The antenna was broken as were both mirrors and the left front tire was broken. Even with the damage, it was still 1 of only 126. I bid $15 and hoped for the best. Well, turns out I was the only bidder and I won the car for ten bucks shipped. It arrived today and even with the broken pieces, it displays very well. I did find a small scratch in the roof, but that's not a big deal. The seller threw in the broken wheel and mirror. So, I should be able to fix it somewhat.
Like the title says, sometimes you just gotta! Now I have a diecast I thought I would never have. A little beat up, but I have it!

Here is the regular 1 of 1,000

And here is a quick pic of the chrome chase 1 of 126.

Sorry for the long read!

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Re: Sometimes you just gotta....

Postby PVDizbon » Mon May 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Impressive ! Gotta love the 60s cars!
(o\_!_/o) Just 732,687 to go !
Quaero, capto, VDd... I searched, I grabbed, I VeeDubbed !

WfoDnf

Re: Sometimes you just gotta....

Postby WfoDnf » Thu May 05, 2011 3:22 pm

Even with the broken pieces that was a great deal seeing how limited it was Brad, great addition 8)

A little super glue might remedy those broken parts! :wink:

Return to “Other Brands”