MUSCLE MACHINE FEPs

Moderators: sfamiler, dmartin151, RollinFast, chargerman6904

Pontiecast
Classic Muscle
Classic Muscle

MUSCLE MACHINE FEPs

Postby Pontiecast » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:04 am

Well, been slow for me in the diecast world lately. Been packing up the house getting ready for the big move that can either take place in the next couple months or early next year. ANYWAY.....
When the Muscle Machines first came out, the original group of a couple thousand cars were called First Engineered Production or FEP for short. Waaaaay back in the day I purchased a 5 pack from KB Toys. I never knew this was one of the original, very rare FEP 5 packs. Last summer, I gave the 'Cuda and Mustang (yes I said GAVE) to a local collector and I gave the yellow 'Vette to Brookside Bomber in a RAOK. I never knew how rare these cars were or how much they are worth. It wasn't until ofter giving these cars away did I find out what they were. No big deal, i know they went to great homes!! SO, the other day, while scanning ebay, I saw a set of loose FEP cars for $9.95. I just figured they would go for a lot more than that, but I kept a whatch out anyway. Low and behold, no one bid and I was the only bidder. Won the auction at $9.95 + $7.00 shipping. Quite a sweet deal!!! So now I have an original set of FEP cars back in my posession.
What is an FEP car? The side windows by the roof are more rounded. The chrome wheels are solid without painted inserts. There is a red dot on the timing cover. The exhaust exits differ. Oh, I do believe some parts were hand painted. These are all things that were changed for regular production. So, here are some pics!

PVDizbon
Super Treasure Hunt
Super Treasure Hunt

Re: MUSCLE MACHINE FEPs

Postby PVDizbon » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:15 am

Congrats and great pics Pontie !!
(o\_!_/o) Just 732,687 to go !
Quaero, capto, VDd... I searched, I grabbed, I VeeDubbed !

WfoDnf

Re: MUSCLE MACHINE FEPs

Postby WfoDnf » Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:02 am

Congrats on re-aquireing those FEP MM cars Brad, lookin' good! 8)

Return to “Other Brands”